Despite the cherub-faced naysayers trying to predict that the age of the beard is over, any fuzzy-faced lumberjack-esque man, and the ladies who love a bearded chap will tell you that beards are here to stay.
If you’re a proud owner of a magnificent beard, or maybe just been letting it grow wild during the lockdown, you may want to know how to take care of it.
Beards are synonymous with a more wild and rugged type of man, not always the type to adopt metrosexual habits of collecting a bathroom cabinet full of grooming products, and it’s not always necessary for good beard care, but you will need a few items to be sure your beard doesn’t cross the fine line between hero and hobo!
How to take care of a beard
Beard care need not be a chore, but it can require patience, routine, and knowing a few tricks.
- Be patient! If you’re just starting on your facial hair adventure, then give it time to grow past the patchy stage. Shaving will not make your hair grow thicker or faster the next time around.
- Experiment with products. Organic beard oil in the UK is all you need to be able to style your beard and keep it looking in great condition, but does it complement your moustache wax? Try different products and explore to find what works best for you.
- As your beard grows, you may need to have a look at your haircut, and how well they work together. A good barber will be able to style your hair to complement your beard.
- Develop a solid grooming routine. And yes, this includes proper washing, skincare, and beard care.
How to wash your beard
Wash your beard twice each week while you bathe or shower, following these simple beard grooming tips:
- Comb your beard out to remove any knots.
- Rinse it and apply a small amount of specialist beard shampoo.
- Rinse again and apply beard conditioner. Leave it to absorb into your hair for a minute or two.
- Rinse for a third and final time.
- Dry the beard with a soft towel in a gentle circular motion.
- Comb again and apply a few drops of beard oil.
- Style into your desired shape.
Visit our online store today to explore our range of organic beard oils!